Cut to the chase
To anyone who happens across this particular food blog amidst the truly colossal world of food blogs out there, welcome! First, a word of warning......
THIS IS NO ORDINARY FOOD BLOG.
"What?" you exclaim in astonishment. "How can yet another twenty-something girl talking about her experiments in the kitchen possibly have anything new to add to the collaborative internet cookbook? Is she just copying Pinterest recipes to give her the skill set for a future career as a Blogger Mom?"
Well, people (I won't pretend like we're friends yet, because we're not. We're strangers). Food First, Story Second is different because I know you don't want to see pictures of all of my family members and two cats. I know you couldn't care less about the travels that gave me the inspiration to make certain exotic foods. You don't give a shit about the partly cloudy sky and the cool breeze that licked my elbows as I fired up the grill for the first barbecue of the summer.
YOU JUST WANT THE DAMN RECIPE.
So I'll put the recipe first. At the top of the post. Not at the very bottom after years of scrolling past pictures of me at every age of my young life. You're welcome.
Then, and only then, because I'm an English major and I can't help myself, I might write a little story about my successes (or disasters) in the kitchen. They say that life's not about the destination; it's about the journey. Well, I give you the destination first because I realize sometimes you're starving and just need to know how hot to preheat the oven. But I also have some entertaining anecdotes to share, so if you're not reading while hungry, you can take the time to laugh at my culinary misadventures. I can't promise they'll be funny, but I did make a Spanish cooking video in high school in which my character's name was Emilia Fracasa (a.k.a. Emily Failure). No, I'm not providing a link :)
Anyway, that's the basic idea behind this food blog. I'm not going to call it a flog or no one would read it (how did vlogs ever pull that off??), but I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment or send me recipe suggestions. I love experimenting, especially with my Dad, who is a chemistry teacher and the family cook, so I guess now would be a good time to mention that this blog will be co-written by my Dad and me. We're not complaining or hating on food blogs that are actually life blogs in disguise; we just think that food blogs should be about the food first, and the story second.
THIS IS NO ORDINARY FOOD BLOG.
"What?" you exclaim in astonishment. "How can yet another twenty-something girl talking about her experiments in the kitchen possibly have anything new to add to the collaborative internet cookbook? Is she just copying Pinterest recipes to give her the skill set for a future career as a Blogger Mom?"
Well, people (I won't pretend like we're friends yet, because we're not. We're strangers). Food First, Story Second is different because I know you don't want to see pictures of all of my family members and two cats. I know you couldn't care less about the travels that gave me the inspiration to make certain exotic foods. You don't give a shit about the partly cloudy sky and the cool breeze that licked my elbows as I fired up the grill for the first barbecue of the summer.
YOU JUST WANT THE DAMN RECIPE.
So I'll put the recipe first. At the top of the post. Not at the very bottom after years of scrolling past pictures of me at every age of my young life. You're welcome.
Then, and only then, because I'm an English major and I can't help myself, I might write a little story about my successes (or disasters) in the kitchen. They say that life's not about the destination; it's about the journey. Well, I give you the destination first because I realize sometimes you're starving and just need to know how hot to preheat the oven. But I also have some entertaining anecdotes to share, so if you're not reading while hungry, you can take the time to laugh at my culinary misadventures. I can't promise they'll be funny, but I did make a Spanish cooking video in high school in which my character's name was Emilia Fracasa (a.k.a. Emily Failure). No, I'm not providing a link :)
Anyway, that's the basic idea behind this food blog. I'm not going to call it a flog or no one would read it (how did vlogs ever pull that off??), but I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment or send me recipe suggestions. I love experimenting, especially with my Dad, who is a chemistry teacher and the family cook, so I guess now would be a good time to mention that this blog will be co-written by my Dad and me. We're not complaining or hating on food blogs that are actually life blogs in disguise; we just think that food blogs should be about the food first, and the story second.
Comments
Post a Comment